Friday, October 14, 2016

Food Haven: U-BELT Edition


ubelt. food haven, foodtrip, restaurants at ubelt, philippines, esther's choice, food
  " One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well" - Virginia Woolf

Are you looking for a place to satisfy both your hungry tummy and your craving eyes? Are you a student in a budget Or a barkada looking for a place to hangout? If yes, then this blog post is definitely for you. Join me as I introduce to you, six "worth-it" restos found in the U-belt.
 

1. Amo Yamie Crib 
amo yamie crib, philippines, ubelt restos, foodtrip at ubelt
Location: 3rd floor, DB Building, 1250 P. Noval St. Cr. Espana Blvd., Sampaloc, Manila
Branch: Katipunan Branch, Mendiola Branch, Pampanga Branch
Store Hours: 9am-9pm
Cuisine: Cafe, Dessert
Place: Crib-styled, Good for Barkada
Contact Number: 09178335017

Menu plus Price List

menu, amo yamie crib, price list

What I ordered:

amo yamie crib, wizard of oreo, menu, frappe
Wizard of Oreo - 129 php

 Plain Fries - 55php

 Since I'm alone when I visited the place, I only ordered what I can consume that time(hahaha...)
As to the "Wizard of Oreo", for me it's okay. If you're not a coffee lover, then this one is for you. Somebody also told me that you'll never go wrong with Cookies & Cream flavor, that's why I chose it without hesitation. 
The Plain Fries is also the typical kind of fries. I think the serving is good for 2 persons.

As to the place, I can say that it's more of barkada go-to place. The crib is spacious enough for 2 or more persons.


Ratings:
Insta-genic: 4/5
Food (Taste): 3/5
Affordability: 3/5

What I wanna try next:

 Drunk dwarf - 179


2. SMY Noshery


 Location: University Tower II, 863 Galicia St. Cor. Espana Blvd., Sampaloc, Manila
Store Hours: 10:30 am-10:00 pm
Cuisine: Cafe, Dessert
Place: Crib-styled, Good for Barkada

Menu plus Price list:

smy, prices, menu, ubelt

What I ordered:

menus, smy, food, ubelt, price 
 If I'm not mistaken, I ordered Choco Mouse + Chicken(garlic) with Rice(75php) and my friend ordered Caramel Macchiato + Chicken(butter) with Rice(75 php).  As you noticed the, chicken is not yet included in the menu, but it's 75php.

As to the frappe, it's also okay. I just hope that they use mason jar for better presentation. The chicken tastes as to its flavor. I just noticed that they do have smaller serving (as to rice meals) than other restos, but still okay.

The place is also more of barkada go-to place. The crib on the second level is smaller than of the first level. The customers were also asked to remove their shoes and it is kept on the hidden cabinet on each steps of the stairs. 

I think, what makes this place unique is that, it is both food and fashion haven. After eating you can roam around the place and shop. click here



Ratings:
Insta-genic: 3.5/5
Food(Taste): 3/5
Affordability: 3/5

What I wanna try next:

 Burger and Fries
 
3. Yelo: a taste of snow

 
Location: 2nd floor Food Court, Gordi Plaza, 2125 Legarda St., Quiapo, Manila (beside Amo yamie crib- Mendiola branch)
Store Hours: 9am to 9pm
Cuisine: Asian(Korean-shaved ice)
Place: typical resto
Contact Number: (02)256-6692/(02)241-3575

Menu plus Price list:







What I ordered:

chicken at yelo, yelo, mendiola, prices, ubelt
Chicken half(Ganjang/Soy) + 3 cups of rice + 1 pitcher of iced tea = 201php (good for 3 persons)

bingsu, yelo, shaved ice, mendiola, ubelt, philippines
 Chocolate Snow Ice (85php) (can be good for 2)

The food, especially the chicken is definitely GREAT! I like its savory plus sweet taste. It isn't the typical taste of a fried chicken. It do have its own unique taste.

The bingsu (shaved ice) is also GREAT! It doesn't taste like a tasteless ice (you know what I mean). It tastes as to its flavor. 

Ratings:
Insta-genic: 3/5
Food(Taste): 5/5
Affordability: 4.5/5

What I wanna try next:
Anything on their menu. I do really like their food!

  4. Rufo's Famous Tapa
Location: 1083 P. Noval St., Sampaloc, Manila
They do have many branches
Store Hours: 24 hours
Cuisine: Filipino
Place: Typical Resto
Contact Number: (02)734 0300

Menu plus Price List




What I ordered:

rufo's, menu, ubelt, sisig
Pork Silog - 90php

The food was satisfying. The prawn flakes is also not too salty. I can say that you'll be satisfied on what you pay.

Ratings:
 Insta-genic: 2/5
Food(Taste): 4/5
Affordability: 4/5

What I wanna try next:


 5. Amor Cafe

amor, ubelt, espana, philippines, restaurant, bakeshop
 Location: 8010 Espana Cr. Tolentino St., Sampaloc, Manila
Store Hours: 7am-11pm
Cuisine: Bakery, Desserts, Cafe
Place: Vintage Style
Contact Number: (02)246-9069

Menu plus Price list:






 
What I ordered:

bread, pastries, amor, ubelt, philippines, menu, menu at amor
Drinks: Oreo Milk Tea and Wintermelon Milk Tea (95php each)
Pastry: Chocolate-flavored bun(59 php) and Pizza bread w/Onions(69 php) (can't remember the exact name but something like that)


 Actually, I'm not a fan of milk tea but I find Oreo Milk tea drinkable(hahhahha..). The pastry/bread is also good. I love how the savory taste of the pizza bread complements with the sweet chocolatey taste of the "kinda" flower-shaped bun.

As to the place, this is the most comfortable place I visited so far. It is the perfect place to study, to meet a friend and most especially to relax.



  
Ratings:
Insta-genic: 5/5
Food(Taste): 3.5/5
Affordability: 3.5/5

What I wanna try next:
Fruit shake or Frappe + tarts and crispy almond cream wedge

 6. University Scoop 

Location: 981 P. Noval St., Sampaloc, Manila
Store Hours: 9am-9pm
Cuisine: Filipino, Desserts
Place: Univ. Motif
Contact Number: 09237498498/ (02)733-8348

Menu plus Price List:




 

 What I ordered:

university scoop, menu, ubelt
 Grilled Chicken with drinks (85php)

university scoop, ubelt, philippines, menu, parfait
 Wacky Wednesday Mudpie (100 php) (can be good for 2)

The rice meals was satisfying. But, their signature menu is their ICE CREAM! To those who have a sweet tooth, this one is for you!

Ratings:
Insta-genic: 4/5
Food(Taste): 4/5
Affordability: 4/5  

What I wanna try next:
Ice cream Mug attack + Banana Split  

So, that's it guys! I hope that you enjoy this blog post and I was able to help you choose where to eat and relax with your friends. I'll be happy to know that you visited and tasted those delicious foods stated above. So, don't hesitate to comment down below. Also, don't forget to hit the "Join this site" button on the upper right part of the blog, below the Profile Section to receive updates from me. Thank you and God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Waah It's so good! I'm looking forward that someday I can experience those too! <3

    ReplyDelete